Teeza’s Spiced Butternut & Sweet Potato Soup
Every week I make a big batch of soup that I eat for lunch during the week. I must say I think my soups are the bomb. More importantly though they are easy, filling and nutritious. So I decided that every Friday I will post a weekly soup recipe- Enjoy!
*Disclaimer* I am not professional so my measurements are pretty rough and the seasonings are all to taste
1 large butternut Squash
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 Piece of Ginger minced
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp butter (optional)
2 Cloves Garlic
6 cups of Broth
Thai Chili paste
Brown sugar to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 . Cut Sweet Potatoes and Butternut Squash into ~1 inch cubes and coat with 2 Tbsps Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon and All Spice. Roast the Butternut Squash and Sweet Potatoes in the oven on a cookie sheet for 40 minutes, flipping them over 20 min into it roasting.
- Chop onions, ginger and mince garlic. Put 1 Tbsp Olive oil in a large pot and let it heat before putting in onions, ginger and garlic in the pot, cooking until they are soft and translucent.
- Pour butternut squash, sweet potatoes and broth into the pot and Continue heating the soup until it comes to a boil.
- Once it boils puree the soup in a food processor, it should be a creamy consistency.
- Pour the puree back into the pot add butter if you like and season the soup to your liking….and you are DONE
This makes about 4 servings (1.5 cup per serving) that have ~350 calories.