“5 minute recipes” Miso Cilantro-Ginger Marinade + Bonus
Try this easy “semi-homemade” marinade on your favorite seafood or meat! I had a lot of cilantro on my hands so I wanted to put it to use before it wilted. This literally takes 5 minutes to make, has little ingredients, and tastes so good. No reason not to try it. I used the marinade on salmon, but I think it would be really good to use on any kind of protein.
MISO CILANTRO-GINGER MARINADE
1/4 c. Miso Ginger Vinaigrette salad dressing (I used the Bolthouse brand)
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
3/4-1 cup fresh cilantro (not chopped)
1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic (I used the pre-minced garlic)
four 3-4 oz. pieces of salmon
1 tsp coconut oil
1. clean and roughly pick of cilantro leaves. To make this QUICK I did not go to crazy if parts of the stem were thrown in with the leaves, because it will be blended it up!
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor (I used my Ninja/Bullet)
3.In ziplock bag or container soak your favorite protein in the marinade for at least 2 hours
4. Using coconut oil, cook on the stove top
The “Bonus” recipe is guacamole! I’m sure you can make all kinds of kicked-up variations but this is super quick and easy. The best thing about this simple recipe is that the guacamole lasts about a week! And if you ever made guacamole by hand rather than a food processor it turns pretty quick. *Tip: want it to stay fresh longer? Add the seed into the container you hold your guacamole in*. Anyways, I figured I’d add this recipe just because.
1/2 c. cilantro
1/2 jalapeno (put as much or as little as you like based on your preferences)
1/2 lime (squeeze the juice)
Salt to taste
1. Once again, clean and roughing pick cilantro
2. Add all ingredients to your food processor (I used the Ninja/Bullet) and blend until smooth
3. Enjoy 🙂