I found this grain-free, gluten-free banana muffin recipe on Pinterest that seemed too good to be true but looked awesome. So I tried it! The website that I found the recipe on is Whole Lifestyle Nutrition and let’s just say the woman behind this website has some GREAT recipes (many are grain/gluten free) and don’t require a billion types of flours (i.e rice, almond, oat, and the list goes on). Let’s just say I love her website and you should visit it and try out her creations.
So many of the recipes featured on her website allow you to create somewhat of a customize treat once you add the base ingredients. You can use any kind of nut butter, I choose peanut butter. I also added cinnamon and 100% cocoa chocolate chunks. ADD I didn’t have baking soda so I substituted it with 3x the amount of baking powder.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 medium sized bananas (ripe!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 squares 100% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Other Toppings: dehydrated unsweetened coconut flakes, raisins, flaxseed, and/or anything else you can think of.
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees F.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until well mixed.
- In a ziploc bag crush chocolate squares, stir into the batter
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin. You can also use a mini muffin tin to make 24 mini muffins.
- Add additional toppings of your choice to each muffin and lightly stir into each cup
- Cook time: 15 minutes for full size muffins and 10 minutes for mini muffins.
- Reheat in a toaster oven for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, or eat at room temperature.
Nutritional Information:Serving is 1 large muffin or 2 mini muffins
Calories: 165 Fat: 11g Carbs: 13g Protein: 6g