DIY Nut Butter & Peanut Butter Cups
Happy snow day! I been wanting to make homemade nut butter lately. I just so happen to be out of peanut butter (due to the last recipe I posted) and have a bag of peanuts that been sitting around for months. So I mean… why not??! Honestly, after making this peanut butter I don’t think I’ll be purchasing peanut butter for awhile. This was really easy and I’m able to make it just how I like!
So what do you do with peanut butter? Pair it with chocolate 🙂
Another thing I’ve been wanting to make is homemade peanut butter cups- and I found half a bar of dark chocolate in the pantry just at the perfect time! So as you can tell these peanut butter cups came about through shear luck and scavenging but I must say it was a great snow day treat.
Homemade Honey-Cinnamon Peanut Butter
2 cups of lightly salted peanuts (or any other kind of nut you like)
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a food processor set to high run until the peanuts until dry and clumpy.
2. Continue to run peanuts through in the food processor, pausing to push down the sides periodically, until they are your desired peanut butter texture.
3. Blend in honey and cinnamon
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate (break into small pieces)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer with vanilla extract
3. Turn heat off saucepan and mix in chocolate
Peanut Butter Cups!!!
1. Use a greased mini muffin pan or cupcake liners to assemble the peanut butter cups
2. Fill a third of a the cup with the melted chocolate
3. Add a dollop of peanut butter using a knife to each cup
4. Fill the remainder of the cup
5. Using a knife, smooth the top of the peanut butter cup
6. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then store in the refridgerator.